This Meeting Room Rental Agreement is between The Beacon Center Inc., with its primary office address at 4505 W. Hacienda Avenue – Suite G2 (“TBC”), and the person (individual or legal person or legal entity) who submits TBC’s Rental Agreement Form incorporating this Agreement by reference (“Subtenant”). This Agreement governs Subtenant’s use of TBC’s Meeting Space service.
⚠️ To be in accordance with our State’s guidelines regarding COVID-19, you must agree with our new policy and the following protocols to book our rental venue.
COVID-19 POLICY & GUIDELINES
RENTER HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ANY LEGAL CLAIMS OR ACTIONS AGAINST THE BEACON CENTER, INC. (“TBC”) AND RELEASES AND DISCHARGES “TBC” AND “TBC’S” HEIRS, ASSIGNS, SUCCESSORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, EXECUTORS, PARTNERS, ADMINISTRATORS OR ANY OTHER LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES.
RENTER AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID-19 OR ANY UNSPECIFIED EPIDEMIC OR PANDEMIC EMERGENCY:
‣ MUST ADHERE TO THE FEDERAL, STATE, and LOCAL SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF YOUR EVENT.
To keep health top of mind and maintain the safety and well-being of your guests, we highly recommend taking the following additional measures for your event:
#1. Provide a non-contact digital thermometer and check all of your attendees for abnormal fever. If such is discovered, that person should be barred entry and immediately referred to medical authorities.
#2. Provide any needed PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for your attendees, such as gloves and masks.
#3. Provide hand sanitizer for your attendees.
We are taking all the necessary extra health and safety procedures during this time, which you can learn more about here. However, it is your responsibility to monitor your attendees for any signs or symptoms of illness that could warrant referral to medical authorities during the duration of your rental event.
Subtenant is responsible for all set-up and tear down of tables and chairs. Please remember to include the time it will take to set-up and tear down in your rental time.
Subtenant and guests of the Subtenant may use the parking lots in front of and to the sides of the building. TBC and the property owners assume no liability to vehicles, including, but not limited to, contents, or passengers due to damage, towing, negligence, vandalism, or theft.
3. CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING
Your reservation is considered officially booked once the Rental Agreement is signed/submitted, and the first payment of the agreed rental fees are received. Should a cancellation occur, for any reason prior to 90 days, the reserved date will be released, and the remaining balance will be charged (you may be eligible for a credit to rent our venue space at another time within 45 days). However, any reservation outside of a date in excess of 90 days may be rescheduled on a date no later than 30 days after the original date reserved, based on availability. All long-term/ongoing contracts will be subject to a 90-day notice of cancellation.
4. SMOKING AND TOBACCO USE IS PROHIBITED
The use of tobacco is strictly prohibited in the building, but may be used outside, so long as the discarded portions are placed in the proper receptacle.
5. REASONABLE CARE IN USE OF PREMISES
Subtenant shall use reasonable care in their use of the leased premises and shall observe reasonable precautions to avoid damage to the leased premises. Subtenant shall not use the leased premises in any manner that poses an unnecessary hazard to the building or its occupants. If any damage to the building, property or equipment is caused by Subtenant or Subtenant’s guests or employees, then Subtenant shall be liable for the cost of such repairs or replacement. Any damage or equipment issues must be reported immediately to TBC staff. The rental is for the meeting room only. Meeting rooms may only be used for approved purposes. Nothing may be attached to the walls, ceiling, or any fixtures. Painter’s tape may be used for posters, signs, etc during your meeting and must be taken down before leaving. No candles, glitter or confetti are allowed. Subtenant and guests must use the trash receptacles. No used materials may be left in meeting rooms. All trash receptacles must be emptied prior to vacating the building.
6. FOOD AND DRINKS
Food and drinks are permitted inside the premises, provided reasonable care is taken in keeping the premises clean. Events with food and drink are subject to a security deposit of $150. Reasonable care includes: taking out all trash prior to vacating the premises, taking trash to the dumpster, replacing the trash bags, sweeping up any food remnants, cleaning tables and mopping any spills. Food shall not be placed in the sinks or toilets, and liquids shall not be placed in the trash cans. In the event that this reasonable care has not been taken, there will be a cleaning charge of a minimum of $75. Table coverings are REQUIRED if you are serving food.
7. THEFT AND VANDALISM
Subtenant is responsible for any loss of, or damage to, any furnishings or equipment as a result of theft or vandalism caused by Subtenant, their guests, employees or agents.
8. CONFLICT OF INTEREST
TBC reserves the right to refuse rental services to any business, organization, or persons.
9. HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION
Subtenant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the officers, agents, and employees of Business Connections of Nevada, LLC /dba The Beacon Center and property owners, from and against any and all liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including all attorney’s fees and expenses), causes of actions, suits, claims, demands, or judgments of any nature including subrogation claims arising out of or in connection with Subtenant’s use and occupancy of leased premises. This clause does not include claims arising out of the intentional, willful, or wanton misconduct of TBC, its officers, agents, or employees.
The parties agree that any and all claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement shall first attempt to be resolved through the process of mediation by Mediation Around the Table at a location mutually agreeable to the parties. If the mediation process does not result in a resolution of all claims and disputes, the parties further agree to settlement by binding arbitration in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada. The fees and costs of mediation shall be split equally by all parties. The fees and costs of arbitration shall be borne fully by the non-prevailing party. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
11. NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS
Subtenant agrees that the occupancy of the rented meeting room shall not exceed reasonable occupancy levels. The number of supplied chairs determines reasonable occupancy levels.
Subtenant and guests shall not keep domestic or other animals, with the exception of service animals, in or about the leased premises or parking lot.
Subtenant agrees to add Business Connections of Nevada LLC/ DBA The Beacon Center for the dates of the rental agreement and in the event of an insurable event, any insurance held by the Subtenant shall be the primary insurance.
14. LOST AND FOUND
All items not removed from the premises at the end of the rental period will be cataloged and held offsite for a period of sixty (60) days. Thereafter, the items become the sole property of TBC and will be donated to a local charity.
If the Subtenant’s event goes beyond the rental end time outlined above, a $50 fee will be charged for every hour that the premises remain in use. Subtenant is also responsible for any loss of revenue directly related to the overtime.
Subtenant understands that no loitering in the parking lots or premises is allowed at any time. This applies to the Subtenant, its guests, employees or agents. This is out of respect for our neighboring businesses.
17. NOISE AND ODOR
Subtenant understands that our venue is located in an office complex and that only reasonable levels of noise are allowed. Subtenant shall not make or permit any noise or odors that may interfere with other persons having business within the complex. When playing music or singing, the Subtenant agrees to shut the entrance door to minimize any disturbance.
18. PHOTO RELEASE
Occasionally, TBC photographs rental events. By signing this agreement, the Subtenant releases the use of event photos and videos of attendees 18 and over for marketing and media purposes. VIDEO SURVEILLANCE: Our premises is under 24 hour recorded surveillance for the safety of our guests and to assure compliance with rental agreements. This surveillance may be used to prove compliance or non-compliance with rental agreements. By signing this agreement, the Subtenant releases the use of such footage for these purposes. TBC agrees to only use this footage for security purposes and purposes that may arise to prove compliance or non-compliance to the rental agreement, including property damage and/or theft. Subtenants may also have access to the footage for a period of seven (7) days.
19. Tampering with TBC Property and Devices
Our premises use several electronic devices that are necessary for the normal operation and monitoring of our facilities. This includes, but is not limited to: surveillance cameras, electronic door locks, wireless internet, etc. These devices are not to be tampered with, modified, covered up, etc. By violating this policy, the Subtenant will be held liable for damages, loss and/or repair. Violation of this will also be considered a revocation of this contract agreement and may lead to loss of privileges at all TBC locations as well as immediate termination of rental agreement without refund.
20. Pass Codes
During each rental period, the Subtenant will be given a pass code to enter the premises. This pass code allows access during the rental period only and is tied to the alarm system. Unless otherwise agreed upon with TBC, this pass code may not be shared. By signing this agreement, Subtenant agrees to not share this pass code or allow guests to occupy the premises unless Subtenant is present. The Subtenant also understands that the use of this code during uncontracted periods will result in the immediate cancellation of the agreement.
21. Force Majeure
Should events beyond the reasonable control of the The Beacon Center and Renter, including but not limited to (1) acts of God, (2) war, including armed conflict, (3) strikes or labor disputes at the venue or in the Las Vegas Metro Area (4) disease at the venue or in The Las Vegas Metro area (examples of disease, but not limited to: SARS, Legionnaires, Covid-19), (5) government regulation or advisory (including travel advisory warnings), (6) civil disturbance at the venue or in the Las Vegas Metro Area (7) terrorism or threats of terrorism in the United States as substantiated by governmental warnings or advisory notices, (8) curtailment of transportation services or facilities which would materially affect attendees from attending the conference, (9) disaster, fire, earthquakes, storms in the Las Vegas Metro Area (10) unseasonable extreme inclement weather in the Las Vegas Metro Area ; (11) shortages or disruption of the electrical power supply causing blackouts or rolling blackouts or other essential utilities in the Las Vegas Metro Area or (12) any other cause reasonably beyond the parties’ control (collectively referred to as “occurrences”), making the event commercially impracticable, impracticable to perform, illegal, or impossible to fully perform under this Agreement as the Parties originally contracted. In such a case, the affected Party may terminate this Agreement, without liability, upon written notification. No cash refunds will be given, however, The Beacon Center will honor the terms of the original rental agreement for 365 days following the local, state, or federal government lifting of travel and meeting restrictions. Notice under this provision may be given at any time in advance of the event provided that the notifying party has met the requirements of this provision.
Please Note: These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Online updates will supersede previously signed contracts or form submissions.
Rules and Procedures
Entering the building:
- As you walk in the front doors, the light switch is immediately to your left.
- Also to your left, you will find a refreshment area. Please feel free to set up your food and beverages in this area.
- Also on the left, you will find cabinets marked with any of the rental items that is part of our agreement.
- To your right, you will notice a reception desk. Please feel free to use this space as you see fit to greet your guests. We ask that you use plastic covering if you will be putting liquid on it.
- Also to your right, you will notice a “Bonus Room”. This is a separate rental and is can be included in your rental for an additional fee.
- Finally, on your right, you will find our lockers containing additional upgrade options. Feel free to look at the items we have available. Be aware that if the seal on one of these lockers is broken during your rental period, you will be charged the full amount of the rental for that item.
- As you step through the arch into the meeting space, immediately to your right is the thermostat. Please feel free to adjust the temperatures to your comfort level. If someone is in the office space, please ensure that they are included in the determination of the temperature setting.
- Also to the right is the closet where you will find our tables for your use. Please use care when removing and placing items in this closet. Do not slide them on their side over the tile as it damages the sides of the tables.
- To your left you will find our podium, television, laptop desk, webcam connection, and whiteboard. All of this is included for your use.
- You will find the remote for the TV, HDMI cable and Apple to HDMI pigtail inside the laptop desk. Please return the remote to this place at the end of your rental. Please DO NOT make any adjustments to the settings on the TV.
- Please only use whiteboard markers on the whiteboard, and clean it only with eraser provided.
- Down the hallway are the women’s and men’s restrooms.
During your Event:
- Please set up the meeting space as you see fit. Please lift, not slide, the tables and chairs so that our floors, tables and chairs do not get damaged.
- Table coverings are REQUIRED if you are serving food.
After your Event:
- Clean and break down all tables and place them back in the closet.
- Place all chairs back into an auditorium style arrangement in 6 rows of 9 chairs. (See floor plan in podium book)
- Place the TV remote back in the laptop desk.
- Clean the whiteboard with whiteboard eraser provided.
- Sweep all floors and mop as needed.
- Empty all trashcans if they are more than half full or contain food or drink, including those in the bathroom.
- Place all rented items back in the lockers or cabinets.
- Clean up all papers, trash, food, and drink. Please DO NOT place liquids in the trash cans or food in the sinks or toilets.
- Return the thermostat to the off position.
- Turn off all of the lights if you are the last one at the premises.
- Ensure that the front door is fully closed and locked by pressing the “Schlage” button then give it a little tug.
Please Note: These Rules and Procedures are subject to change without notice. Online updates will supersede previously signed contracts or form submissions.