Graduation Celebrations are our way of celebrating a passage into adulthood.
Thankfully, both of my daughters have graduated from high school and college. We have even celebrated my own degree, earned later in life. So graduation celebrations are no stranger to our family. Celebrating graduations has an ancient history, according to Melanie Coleman at The Daily Universe. The practice of scrawling a record of your degree on a piece of sheepskin actually dates back to early civilizations. As far back as 1432, Oxford University graduates were required to give a sermon in Latin as part of the graduation ritual. Ceremonies at schools today are not quite as strenuous or involved. Actually, with the large class sizes of today, graduation ceremonies have become quite impersonal. Graduates get a few seconds of attention as they race across the stage before the next name is called. This lack of individual acknowledgment of your accomplishments has led many to host celebrations of their own.
Space to celebrate your achievements
Have you decided that you or your loved one deserve a little more attention and appreciation for those academic achievements? Today, many homes have gotten smaller and trying to keep graduation celebrations small and in the family living room is almost impossible. If you live in Las Vegas, the backyard isn’t likely to be a large, cool, inviting oasis either. Hotel meeting rooms and restaurants certainly don’t allow for the personal touch.
The Beacon Center is here to help. With our 1300 square foot venue, we have plenty of space and amenities to make your graduation celebration extra special. We LOVE graduates and we want you back again and again. Imagine not worrying about cleaning house, guests parking in the neighbor’s driveway or locking up the family dog.
Today, many homes have gotten smaller and trying to keep graduation celebrations small and in the family living room is almost impossible.Click to tweet
TWO CELEBRATION PACKAGES TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
Basic package (39 people or less) – NOT AVAILABLE ON SATURDAYS AFTER 10:30am START TIME
- Up to 6 hours of use – Gives you the time needed to decorate, set up food, hold the celebration, load car and clean up
- Audio (you bring a digital playlist and tap into our speakers) – Saves the high cost and space needed for a DJ
- Table Linen (several colors available) – Much nicer than cheap plastic ones from a dollar store
- DIY Selfie Station with a tripod, Bluetooth remote and props – Saves you from running around asking for people to send you their photos
- Tables & Chairs – We have plenty, no reason to rent them
- Setup of tables – Since we know the best setups for the use of our space, let us get the tables set up for you and place the linen on the tables
- Cleaning – You can even get $75 back, upon your exit (ask us how)
Total $600 with a $75 cleaning refund possible – Bringing your total to $525
Deluxe package (40 people or more)
- Includes everything in our Basic Package plus:
- Access to our bonus room, perfect for food setup and serving or gathering gifts – Includes a mini fridge and microwave
- LED Color changing ceiling lights – Imagine your school colors dancing across the room
Total $800 with a $75 cleaning refund possible – Bringing your total to $725
50% down is needed to hold your date with the balance due 7 days prior to the event.
You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Or, you may prefer to contact our independent caterers. They can provide personalized quotes directly to you based on your needs.
Since opening The Beacon Center we have hosted dozens of Graduation Celebrations. Let us put together a package that combines affordability, simplicity & fun. Just the thing to welcome your graduate to the next stage of their life.
See our great reviews on YELP