Celebration of Life
There has been a subtle but steady shift in American’s views of death and the aftermath. Psychology Today magazine has a great piece on the American relationship with death and the changes ahead with Baby Boomers growing older. It isn’t death that has changed, it is still a solemn and often sad occurrence in everyone’s life. Instead, the way we handle death has changed. Mainstream religions are even recognizing that grieving for the dead does not have to be just mourning and tears and more people are choosing to hold a celebration of life.
More people are shunning the high cost of funerals and opting for more affordable alternatives. Cremation has become more mainstream and accepted and some Religions have recognized the practice as acceptable to their faith. Eco-Funerals are another trend in end of life arrangements. There are a collection of websites such as NaturalEnd.com , that explains this new movement and the drive to be eco-friendly even in death. Many topics, like biodegradable caskets and burial location that are friendly to this new option, are covered in detail.
It’s Sad, But it Doesn’t Have to BeGone are the days of mourning and shedding sad tears for a departed friend or loved one. In its place, many are remembering those who have left with positive feelings and even joy. As a culture, we are becoming ever more accepting of our mortality. People are choosing to remember the joy, accomplishments, and life of those who are no longer with us. The Celebration of a loved one’s life is a positive way for friends and loved ones to cope with a loss. That does not mean no one cries. it’s just that the “mourners” cry tears of joy and remembrance of a life well lived.
Interested in scheduling a Celebration of Life to honor your loved one? Here at the Beacon Center, we can help. Our venue has proven to be perfect for this new trend. Like to learn more? Contact us through our website at thebeaconcenter.com.
TWO CELEBRATION PACKAGES TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
Basic package (39 people or less)
- Up to 6 hours of use – Gives you the time needed to decorate, set up food, hold the celebration, load car and clean up.
- Audio – You bring a digital playlist and tap into our speakers
- Table Linen (several colors available) – Ours are much nicer than those from a dollar store
- Access to 65″ TV for playing a slideshow of your loved one.
- Tables & Chairs
- Setup of tables – We know the best setups for the use of our space, let us set you up right.
- Cleaning – You can even get $75 back, upon your exit (ask us how)
***Total $600 with a $75 cleaning refund possible – Bringing your total to $525
Deluxe package (40 people or more)
- Includes everything in our Basic Package plus:
- Access to our extra bonus room, perfect for food setup and serving or gathering gifts – Includes a mini fridge and microwave
- LED Color changing ceiling lights – Imagine your choice of colors dancing across the room – or –
- DIY Selfie Station with a tripod, Bluetooth remote and props – Saves you from running around asking for people to send you their photos
***Total $800 with a $75 cleaning refund possible – Bringing your total to $725
Only 50% down is needed to hold your date with the balance due 7-days prior to the event.
You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Or, you may prefer to contact one of our independent caterers. They can provide personalized quotes direct to you, based on your needs.
Since opening The Beacon Center we have hosted dozens of Celebration of Life gatherings. Let us put together a package that combines affordability, simplicity & memorable.
See our great reviews on YELP
Social Media has greatly reduced the distribution of content in our readers’ newsfeeds and is instead promoting their own paid sources. When you share with your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.