Brown Changes to Green
We have all suffered through winter’s dark and cold days. The brown of fall and winter are slowly giving way to the green or spring. Flowers are starting to appear, trees are starting to bud and birds are suddenly everywhere. The renewal of life is happening all around us. Just like the old adage of “spring cleaning” your home, the same can be done at your place of business. Out with the old and in with the new, the cliches go on and on. The reasoning is the same: Time to Start Fresh.
You See It All Around You
Not only is Mother Nature renewing herself, but it also seems every store in the world already has bikinis and sunscreen on sale. You may still have a jacket on, but retail has likely already moved on from spring sales. Most likely, your business needs a spring cleaning of sorts. However, we aren’t saying you need to gut the place or move to a new location. In most cases, a few simple steps can make a big impact on your customers. You don’t have to change the world, just your little corner of it. It doesn’t even need to cost a lot of money, often small steps can make the biggest difference. Sometimes just changing for change’s sake is good.
It’s The Little Things
Clean the floor. That’s right, just clean the floor. It can be THAT simple. It also doesn’t have to involve actual cleaning. Anything you can do to positively change the feel or appearance of your operation is good. Here are a few ideas to get you started on your business spring cleaning:
Just like the old adage of “spring cleaning” your home, the same can be done at your place of business.Click to tweet
- Get rid of handwritten signs: Nothing screams lazy more than a poorly, handwritten sign. Get yourself an app and print out some nice ones.
- Brighten up the place: Change all your light bulbs. Each business is different but sometimes just making things brighter can lighten spirits and draw folks in.
- CLEAN: That’s right, good old fashioned elbow grease and Windex Anti-Bacterial cleaner. If it feels clean and inviting, people are going to want to stay longer and the longer you can keep them captive the better.
- Change your phone message: Try to make it funny or serious or just…. different. You should try to set a tone with a customer’s first contact with your business.
- Fire everyone and start over: Ok, we were just checking to see if you were still reading. Seriously, a new training program or employee incentive focusing on renewal and change can also provide a big change in your staff’s attitude and performance. Kinda like a whole new crew, without the pink slips.
Change For Change’s Sake
The Beacon Center prides itself on renewal. We seriously believe our venue is one of the best out there and we are constantly looking for ways to make that a reality. Our meeting facility is state of the art, but we are always on the lookout for improvements to make your event special. Oh, and about that cleaning, we are often on hands and knees to make sure even the corners and crevices are clean. Come and see for yourself, you can take a tour of our center and learn about all the things you can do with our space.